Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How to build discipline

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Nameronio's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2021
    Posts
    233
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    How to build discipline

    I have always struggled with staying disciplined with my goals. I start new projects with a lot of energy, but after a week or two, I just lose interest and go back to my old habits. How do you guys stay consistent even when you dont feel like it? Are there any books or techniques that actually work for long-term change? I am tired of starting over.

  2. #2
    Junior Hostboard Member annotation's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 17th, 2024
    Location
    3422 SW 15 Street, Suite #7966, Deerfield Beach, Florida – 33442 , USA
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How to build discipline

    Discipline is definitely a muscle you have to train every day. For me, the secret was stop relying on "motivation" and start relying on simple systems. I learned this from "Atomic Habits," and I actually read the summary on the Headway app a few times to make sure the ideas stuck in my head. There is something worth reading here that might give you some extra fuel and ideas. My advice is to make your new habits so small that they are "too easy to fail." For example, instead of saying you will read for an hour, just say you will read one 15-minute summary on Headway while you eat breakfast. Once you get that small win, it is much easier to keep going the next day. It is all about the streaks!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •